Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FO: Pomatomus
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo by Jess at Stitch DC!

Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A, via Knitty
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM (color 200, I think, but the ball band has been lost to time)
Needles: Size 0. Two circulars for the leg and the foot, double points for the gusset (it was so pretty, I couldn't not do the heel flap, even though I normally sub in a short row heel).
Mods: Only did two leg repeats – the koigu has less yardage than the Shelridge, and since I couldn't remember which color it was, I didn't want to risk running out.
Notes: Love, love, love these! (Incidentally, check out Tristan Prettyman's song "Love, Love, Love" (third song on the list)). I totally disregarded the weather forecast today (80 degrees), and wore them anyway. And during the photo shoot, Maggie Sefton of the Knitting Mysteries Series popped in, and she loved them too! So much so, that she said she was going to call Knitty and find out about possibly including them in her next book!

Super big detail shot

Next up: I'm going to start the second yarrow rib sock. And next Thursday, I'm totally starting the entrelac socks. I found some great Claudia Handpaint in "Just Plum" that I'm going to use instead of "Pink Posey." They're going to be my end-of-finals treat. Along with another Ribbi Cardi.

Boy, I'm talkative lately!
posted by Amber @ 3:17 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    That's too funny that you met Maggie Sefton at Stitch DC. That is where I met her! She must live there and tell everyone that she lives in CO. Your socks look fabulous!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER