Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
This has the potential to be very bad...
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
So, some people having been telling about how great and wonderful is to spin your own yarn. And I've been resisting. First, because I don't really need so much more yarn, and second because the only local place that offers lessons (Springwater Fiber Workshop) has only offered spinning class on nights when I'm off learning about statistics. (Or when I'm on the other side of the world.)

So when they put up the summerish schedule, and the spinning class was on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday... I couldn't really use reason #2. And although reason #1 is still perfectly valid, the fact that I don't need more yarn has never stopped me from buying it, so it may as well not stop me from learning to make it.

Still, it's a shame that the class isn't being offered before MDS&W. Then I could buy fluff. But if I buy fluff at MDS&W, and then it turns out I don't like spinning, then I'll have a bunch of fluff (and fluff takes up so much more space than yarn!)
posted by Amber @ 3:02 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    But you also know other spinners who may be willing to buy pretty fluff from you if you find that you don't like spinning... ;-)

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    Congrats on stepping over to the dark side! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER