Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
OMG! New Magknits!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Ada June - Cute. I hope magknits is still running if/when my friends have babies, so I can make this hat for them. (Print it out now? Feh!)

Brigid - I wish there were more views. But it looks like a good way to cut your teeth on some lace, if you don't want to do a boring old rectangle.

Diamond Girl - Normally I'm not a fan of things that bisect my chest. But I inexplicably love this. I'm definitely going to de-puff the sleeves, and probably use ribbon instead of icord. Maybe have the quilting come down a touch more?

Friday - You know, the purl side is really pretty! I see myself with one of these (made longer) this winter. I love the little knubs!

Rivendell - I must have this hat! Did you see the picture of the top? What a perfect crown! Although, I might throw in a rib in those big sections of reverse stockinette, just to give it a bit more grip. Maybe.

Reduce Reuse Recycle - I've always wondered what the sag factor on a plastic-plastic bag would be. But cute still. [One time, I saw someone who was looking for places to buy colorful plastic bags, so she could cut them up and turn them into a 'recycled' plastic bag. And did not see how this was an afront to the idea of the knit plastic bag as a way to reuse the bags.]

Zoe - Huh, that looks a lot smaller than the dimensions given. I'm not a purse user, and the I think the ruffle needs twice as many ruffles (making it look fuller. And to point down a little more.

Overall, I think this is one of the better issues they've had in a while!
posted by Amber @ 8:55 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thanks! I always forget about Magknits! I really like Diamond Girl.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    Diamond girl is my favorite but I would probably knit the pattern stitch for the complete bust portion.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    Thanks for the reviews... I may have to make the reduce, reuse for a friend's birthday...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER