Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Can there be too many Ribbi Cardis?
Monday, April 23, 2007
I spent most of the weekend knitting (Picovoli - it's divided into such great chunks. You can sit there and think "Well, I'll just finish the yoke. It's only 33 rows! Okay, I'll do the bust too, that's only 40 rows. Well, why not finish the waist decreases since I'm at it – only 27 rows. And then how can I not do the straight part of the waist? That's just 13 rows. Heck, why not do the hip increases – only 18 rows." My elbow cramped before I finished the last 10 rows and picot hem. So the body will probably be done tonight. Other scary things - the amount of cleaning I got done this weekend. Was there a time warp or soemthing?) But when I wasn't knitting, there was some stash assessment (I'm considering thinning the herd before MDS&W). I've been wondering for a while what to do with...

Cotton Ease. Original recipe.

I have two balls of purple – the oldest yarn in my stash! (Well, oldest yarn I bought. Inherited yarn from grandma doesn't count). And four (five?) balls in black. While browsing the internet this late last week, I saw a Ribbi Cardi done with 6 balls of Cotton Ease. I love my Shelridge Ribbi to death, so would a second one be so bad? (This was going to be a Tricot until I noticed the Tricot gauge - 4 st/inch! I can't get 4 st/inch with Cotton Ease!)

What about a third one?

I have four more balls of blue (I admit it, I bought out a Ben Franklin Crafts Cotton Ease stock one day) left over from my Sitcom Chic. Blue body + white sleeves (or white and light blue stripes). My mom likes my Ribbi, and she liked the color of my Sitcom Chic. (And she is making me a quilt, and has unwittingly agreed to making me a couple of skirts... I'm phasing her into handknits, as long as she promises to wear them. So far she has a sweater, a hat, and a crocheted scarf.)

I wonder if I'd be all Ribbied out by the time I got around to #3. That's a lot of Ribbi. I wouldn't do them in a row, but still. So a question for my readers (I'm up to 9 on bloglines! And I know there are others!)--

How many times have you made the same pattern (which pattern?), and how did that go for you?
posted by Amber @ 11:26 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    I am making my second melody shawl right now and it is going slower than my first one did but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that this one is for me and the first one was for a scarf exchange with a deadline. I am enjoying it the second time around and know what to expect. Think of your second sock in a pair of socks. How do you feel about the second one? Some think it goes faster because they have mastered the pattern and others dread it. :)

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger bethc said…

    The only things I have made more than once are baby things. I have enjoyed that, but they are, you know, small...

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've made the Annie Modesette corset tank top twice and the Wings of the Moth twice. For both, I think I had similar experiences. It was painful or enjoyable depending on the material I was using. The cotton corset was kinda painful and I was just trying to get through it. The silk on, that was nice :-) The Flaming Moth got to be a little painful because of how big it was and how tight the stitches were. The one made with Doceur et Soie, that was like butter!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,
    I just love the sleeve of your cardi and can tell the rest must be beautiful. could you please share the pattern or tell me if you are selling it? Please!!!
    I would like to make myself a gift!!! and that would be it. Please let me know..
    Thanks Susan
    s.cann2@comcast.net

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER