Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Another new start: Picovoli
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Last night I was lamenting the fact that I had no yarn for the project I wanted to make right away (I caved in and bought the Simple Knitted Bodice - I tried with the specs I'd written down for my own knockoff version, and that failed, and I was clearly having a dim moment when I last measured my swatch - I wrote down 4.5spi on the tag, and when I remeasured last night, it was 5.5 spi. So woe, no yarn. Guess I'll add that to the list to take to MDS&W). And while lamenting I made a list of sweaters in various states of disarray (Samus, Rogue, Top-Down Lace Sleeve) and things I had swatches for, but had size/gauge issues still (Tricot, Kimono, Lucy in the Sky) and I almost added Picovoli to the latter list, until I found my swatch, measured, and realized, it was just right. No gauge-math needed!

Of course, I fall right in the middle of the sizes (at least for suggested ease of -2"). But you know, I think zero inches of ease will probably be just fine.

Of course, there are no pictures. Take my word for it that the picots look great (I did the provisional cast on, and after the yo-row I did two rows plain, then joined by unzipping my cast-on and putting the stitches on another needle, and then knitting one stitch from each needle together (much as one would do a three needle bind off, but without the bind off part). Terribly awkward to execute, but it looks really good - and with one less step in finishing later.
posted by Amber @ 8:55 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    So you're back onto sweaters, huh?

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed making the SKB! Go you for doing the provisional cast on - I'm still a little scared of that one.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER