Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
A complaint; A WIP, and some musing
Sunday, February 11, 2007
NEW BLOGGER JUST ATE MY POST! This is why I didn't want to use new blogger. I was happily typing away and then whoosh! the post was gone.

Blogger forced me to convert today. I didn't want to use new blogger. Old blogger was just find and this sucks!

Stupid new blogger. Stupid stupid stupid.

*

As best as I can recreate all my witty quips.

I've been working away on the Shawl Collar Cardigan. I finished the sleeves last week, and now I'm on to the body. The body was written to be worked in three pieces (back, L-front, R-front), but since I can't seem to seam straight, I decided to work it as one piece. So far, so good (except the fact that it's nearly 200 st/row!). Earlier today I realized I'd made a mistake as I worked - for my size you're supposed to decrease 1 st every 10 rows. I've been working decreases every 8 rows. I'm trying to convince myself it will be okay, since I want my sweater to be a little shorter anyway (14.5 inches long instead of 15). No one tell me otherwise!

I took Shawl Collar outside to take pictures - and ran into some of my neighbors while I was out. And then I had to explain why I was photographing stuff on the bench.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is 31 degrees outside! You should all feel very special that I braved the cold so you could have a clear, color-accurate shot of the sweater. Feel special? Good!

The yarn, in case my babbling doesn't track, is Kathmandu Aran Tweed. I'm sad it's been discontinued - it's such nice yarn. I'll have to try and get my hands on some Silkroad Aran that replaced it.

*

I've also decided to take the Eyelet Rib Bandeau from the most recent Interweave and add sleeves and make a cute cardi. That stitch pattern caught my eye in the Barbara Walker treasury, but I wasn't sure the best way to use it. And I love the little picot trim! Some changes, of course: I'm going to knit the button band in with the sweater (I considered adding it in after the rest was done - like a traditional button band - and working it sideways, so that the picots could run up the sides and around the neck, not just at the bottom hem and the hem of the sleeve. But that's a lot of picot-hem to tack down); and I'm going to knit it straight, rather than decrease around the bust (since there will be sleeves I don't have to shape the garment to keep it from falling down). Of course, I have lots of other sweaters to finish first, but that isn't stopping me from looking for a yarn to use. The ebay seller I got all the All Seasons Cotton from has a bag of Rowanspun (dk weight) available. In pink! I wish there was somewhere around here I could get my hands on some Rowanspun first, to see if I like it and if I think it would make a good sweater. I like the Cashsoft DK (called for in the pattern), but I wonder if that wouldn't be too warm? I'd like something in a cotton-blend so I could wear it during the summer and not be too hot if I wore it while I ran out for a cup of coffee or something. There's also Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool, but I feel like I should branch out a little. Thoughts?

posted by Amber @ 1:00 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You and your sweaters. I'm jealous at your shopping. I'm trying to not let myself shop to avoid temptation.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    That's interesting that they made you switch. I guess everyone will be on the same page now.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate new Blogger too - I think I've complained about that more than anything else for the past month! I don't even have my blog on it anymore, but it even messes up when I try to comment sometimes.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The new sweater's looking great, and I do feel special that you thought of us enough to brave the cold and the neighbors.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER