Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FO: Janda!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Let's see. I started (and finished) knitting this back in September. I finished the seams in November. I wove in the ends this past weekend. yes. It took me months to weave in ends. So much for not another Frankensweater!

Janda and the Giant Wall of Karabella.  Janda might be happier in Karabella
Photo by Jess of Stitch DC. Thanks Jess!

Pattern: Janda by Amy Swenson (Knitty, Spring 2003)
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton. 6 balls purple, from eBay (seller: brahms123lullaby; I actually got the whole bag for less than $60). 6 balls gray from Stitch DC (during their end of summer Rowan sale!)
Mods: I left off the racing stripes on the sleeves, because it seems I've forgotten how to crochet. But I think the white I picked up would blend in with the light purple. The texture (from columns of purls) is just fine with me. Although, if I did it again, I might include the stripes, but use intarsia instead. Also, I'd start the neck shaping a bit lower, as it sits right on my neck. I'd also make the sleeves a smidge longer (but I'm sure they'll grow over time). The hood is a little pointy, but nothing too atrocious.
Time to knit: About two weeks. Such a quick, satisfying knit!

A few other angles:
Sleeve detail
Hoodie!
posted by Amber @ 6:07 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks awsome! (the gray part is my favorite.) Congrats!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Finished is finished! It looks great!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    Looks great!! Well done.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    Great job Amber! Does this count for your KAL?

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said…

    Amber, it's GREAT. It counts -- and don't worry if you don't have them done on the month -- it's supposed to be funnnnnnnnn.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger sopranohannah said…

    Looks great. Congratulations.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER