Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Green thumb purple yarn
Monday, January 22, 2007
First, and the most important thing to happen in years:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first time since 2003 one of my violets has bloomed again! When I was in college I collected African Violets. There was a cute little plant shop in dupont circle, called "The Third Day." And they had two, sometimes three shelves of nice, full bodied, healthy African Violets. And occassionally, on the back table, they'd have some really scraggly ones, with only three leaves, shoved in tiny square pots, for $1 ($1.50 if it had four leaves). And I'd take them home, repot them, and they'd flourish. In the height of my collection, I had about 15. Constantly in bloom and always nice to look at. Then I changed dorms, had a different desk without a good flourescent study light (and, with three people in the same amount of space that previously had 2 people, much less surface space). So I sent them to my mom's house. Where they all promptly died.

This little guy I picked up at the Bentalou Elementary School Kindergarden Fundraising Plant Sale (coinciding with mother's day). I got two, for $2 each (in bloom!), and the blooms faded and I was left with a little bush of spindly greenery. But look! It bloomed again! Yay for the violet! Yay for me! (I have two sets of windows. They face east and north. Not exactly condusive to plants.) I need to try and find a better flourescent lamp like my old college desk light. I like violets. I would like a little collection again.

In other things I collect:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On Thursday I ordered Artyarns Silk Mohair glitter from Webs - and it was waiting for me when I got home! With shipping like that I'm definitely looking there for my online yarns! This, along with Regal Silk on the left, is going to be Tamarah from an Fall 06 Knitty ... which I was in love with as soon as I saw it. I rushed to Stitch DC and got the regal silk, but they didn't have the silk mohair. I got rowan kidsilk haze in a complementary color. I ordered the superpointy knitpicks needles to make my first go with lace weight yarn a little easier. In the end, the knitpicks needles were too slick, and I just wasn't loving the regal silk/kidsilk haze combo - the kidsilk just wasn't exactly the right color. But now I have the silk mohair in exactly the right shade -- plus glitter! How can you go wrong with glitter? Next up, I need to find some slightly grippy but pointy needles, and I'll have a new scarfywrapy thing in no time!
posted by Amber @ 6:15 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    African violet! I wish mine would bloom. And I LOVE that yarn! so pretty!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    Beautiful... both the yarn and the flower!

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    I love african violets but they are very hard to keep in bloom. I am IN LOVE with your yarn. So glitery and shiny!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER