Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FO: Triada (variations on a color theme)
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Pattern: Triada, Summer 2005 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Fiesta La Boheme (1 strand 100% rayon, 1 strand kid mohair/wool/nylon)
Color: Abalone (pink and purple)
Mods: Cast on 50, not 30, used a size 15 needle, not a 17
Notes: The first few rounds were a bit tricky (knitting/purling to stich below for fisherman's rib pattern, plus using such absurdly large needles). But once I got the hang of it, it was really fun, and really, really fast. I got the yarn on Friday and started working on it Saturday afternoon (after I seamed and blocked a sweater!) And it's so shiny! The perfect pick me up for cold rainy winter days.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bat cave, how I loathe your lack of light.
I'll try and attack someone at work tomorrow to take a picture in natural light. If there is any natural light tomorrow


I knew I wasn't going to wear it as a shoulder wrap/poncho, which is part of the reason I cast on 50 stitches instead of 30 - I wanted it to have a larger circumfrance, so I could double it around my neck, like in this photo. So sparkly.
posted by Amber @ 12:02 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wait, wait. This is the Triada you mentioned in Friday's post? The one you bought yarn for on Friday??? I hate you :-P

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    That was FAST. Judy and I were just figuring out how to get needles to you. :) See you tonight?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER