Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FOs galore! Goals! Pointless prattle!
Monday, January 01, 2007
I cannot take a good photo to save my life lately. But I have three new FOs to share anyway:

Yarrow Rib Hat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yarn: ArtYarns Supermerino, color #144<
Pattern: Yarrow Rib from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I cast on 102 stitches, worked it straight for about 9 inches, then decreased along six points. Mom seems to like it.

Chic Knits Felted Bucket Hat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern: Felted Bucket Hat by Bonne Marie Burns (such great patterns!)
Yarn: Paton's Classic Merino, one skein, and some change from a second.

Yes, it's a different color from the first one. The sides of the first one felted together in the washing machine. I tried to hand felt #2, but after 40 minutes of swishing I tossed it in the washer with a dishrag strategically pinned inside. Worked much better than hand felting. My mom sewed the ribbon around the edge for me.

Amber's Amazing Glottens

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Super Glitz
Pattern: My own! [Coming soon]
Finished just before Giftmas. The caps are a little different (one is grafted shut, one is done with three needle bind off because I left my book with directions for grafting at home). I like both equally. They're very warm and comfortable. I took them to a yarn shop near my mom's house over break, and there was much fawning.

- - -


As for the knit goals from December:
Finish SuperSecret (a must, in time for Giftmas!) - Not done. Gave my mom a different sweater that I knit, but never wore (a little on the big side). In the process of frogging SuperSecret Marriah.

Seam something (Durrow, Cabled Hoodie) - Not done. I should give it up.

Finish one pair of socks - Not done. But at least I started a second sock

Do sleeves on Sort of Samus - DONE! Amazing, I know. I started Friday, and finished Sunday, with 3 hours to spare.

Freely succumb to Startitis after finals - Done! I started: Felted Bucket Hat (Done), Yarrow Hat (Done), Argosy (Frogged), Glottens (Done), Lucy In the Sky Cardi (IPG), Mountain Stream Scarf (Frogged)

Reorganize baskets and yarn closet - Not done. The yarn tried to attack my mom last night. Must knit faster

Next month, I will...
Start Lots of Sweaters! Especially Blue Montdale handspun from Baltimore. I'm thinking pull over with a little kangeroo pouch-pocket.
Start at least two projects with the one-off balls of yarn in the closet (socks, hats, mittens, something...)

Should be easy enough... right.
posted by Amber @ 2:39 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I like the bucket hat! Is that a ribbon sewn onto the hat? The mittens/gloves also came out well!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER