Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Progress!
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Despite a set back due to a spider (outside, but um, well, it was still really big) I finished the back of the Cabled Hoodie this weekend, putting me at 1/2 done!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A detail of the cable pattern. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that blocking helps those bobble look better. I can't quite put it into words, but I feel like the way the cross over happens just doesn't look right. But I'm trying not to think about then until post blocking.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The back. The arms seem a wee bit shallow, but that could very well be a visual trick because I'm tired. There's some weird horizontal stripes going on with the way the short cable crosses over, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that blocking fixes that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The sleeve. I did the sleeve first to get an idea how the cable worked, because I read another blog where someone was going to reverse half the cables (to make them face each other). I wanted to have a sense of how the cable worked (it makes more sense to me when they're worked out, rather than just looking at them on a page), although in the end I decided not to flip them. The sleeves are really long, and the cuff is meant to flip over (and hide that funny looking part with the one inch right below the cables. They really could have worked out those decreases in a better way, if you asked me.)
posted by Amber @ 10:22 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Need darker font here. Can't read the white on grey :)

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    You are coming along quickly with this cardi. I look forward to seeing it when it is complete!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER