Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
So. Sick. Of. Cables.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Durrow, the never ending cable! Beautiful (and it inspires me to try and chart my own cables), but I'm beginning to crave some stockinette!

I think for my next sweater (although I try not to hold myself to anything until I cast on) I'm going to try a top down raglan, with a deep v-neck, and 3/4 length sleeves. I have 1100 yards of Nashua Creative Focus Worsted, so I think I have enough (yay for sales - $30 total!). Nothing special about it, really, although it doesn't seem like a next-to-the-skin yarn, and if I recall correctly it's a single ply, making it prone to pilling, so I may have to go with a tighter than normal gauge). I might try to do some waist shaping, just to make for a prettier, more fitted sweater, but that's about it for details. I'm not sure – rolled edge or slightly ribbed? I like rolled (my three favorite sweaters have rolling edges), but think ribbed would work better with the 3/4 sleeves. Hmm.

I think I'm going to use The Incredible Custom Fit Raglan Generator, combined with NonaKnits: Shaping Up (a guide to darts) to generally guide the sweater, I've heard good things about the Incredible Raglan, and seen it with some mods as a good standby pattern.

(Have I mentioned my love of blogs lately? I found those sari silk pillows in a blog, waist shaping guides, and I'm sure that one of these days when I'm sitting around going "What do I do with..." or "How do I make..." the blogs will come to the rescue.)

Also, the Fall Interweave Knits Preview is up. When I'm not sick of cables, I can't wait to make Wanderlust Hoodie.
posted by Amber @ 9:32 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER