Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Dullest knit blogger with the coolest car
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
The hoodie continues to be large and heavy (I did a three needle bind off on the shoulders, but the sides aren't seamed, so I have the back and the two front pieces flopping all over whenever I try to turn a row for the hood). I'm about 1, maybe 1.5 inches into the hood, working it to about 6 inches, then doing the short rows to make the upper back corner. The session at Stitch DC was really helpful, we figured out about how wide to make the corner, and how far up, plus decided it would be easier to pick up from the collar and work to the top, whereas my idea had been to start at the top and work down to the collar. But the whole thing is still terribly uninteresting to photograph. Post blocking, I promise.

My copy of Vintage Knits came last night, which was very exciting. Well, as exciting as a book can be. I've wanted to make Salina for a while now, and then I saw the KnitPicks version of Jolie and really want to make that one as well (also, I thought the design was with purl stitches - actually the pattern is created with slip stitches. Is very cute). I don't have a yarn in mind, yet. KnitPicks suggests their Andean Silk line, but I'm hesitant to work with alpaca again, since the Nashua is making me sneeze. I suppose I could be tracking ragweed in as well, but it seems worse when I'm working with the wool/alpaca blend. They seem to have added MainLine as a suggested yarn, and that might work out well (wool/cotton blend). Maybe I'll find a good deal on some Aurora 8. It strikes me as a dressy type sweater, I'm thinking black or gray, with some Opal buttons.

And finally, I'd just like to thank the academy, God, and my mother on behalf of the Mighty Tuna Can, which once again proved mighty last night. I was picking some friends up from a bus terminal and my friend was saying (when she called me from the bus to let me know when they'd be in) that they'd had a hard time fitting everything into the towncar that picked them up in NYC to go to the bus, and how would it all fit in my car? She later recanted, saying "The Focus Echo! Now with a black hole built into the trunk!" We wedged something like 15 bags and three people into my car, including two of the extra large rolling suitcases, one carry on size rolling suitcase, a hiking/camp style backpack, a suit-style garment bag, a duffle bag, several regular sized backpacks, two laptop bags, some pillows and a number of regular backpacks, filled beyond capacity. With most of that sitting in the trunk the car actually sat lower in the back, and the front tires were just barely on the ground (to the point the steering was off -- front wheel drive only works when the front tires are on the ground). Yay for Mighty Tuna! (I may have to finally find a nut to fit the bolt and put the mighty tuna can license plate frame my mom got me on the car, now that it has proven itself mighty on two occasions.)
posted by Amber @ 9:49 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    Thanks for the great link to MJ Trimmings! That is a great site. I was sick this past Monday so I missed everyone at SNB. Next week is a holiday so it looks like I will be back the week after next. Hope to see your hoodie then!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER