Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Musings on future knits
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
I wish there was a better way to catalogue my yarn, patterns, and plans online. There probably is a very simple way, and I just don't know how to do it, but still, I wish there was a simple way that I knew how to do.

I've decided this is my own personal Summer of the Sweater. I know, most people do small, lightweight projects like lace in the summer, but I'm going to be a maverick. Plus, I can't really do tons of knitting in the fall, what with school, so I'm going to do as many heavy wool sweaters now as I can, and then do my small hat/glove/scarf projects during the term (it's just so hard to carry a sweater around along with all the books!)


My own summer of the sweater...

Spring Fling in Debbie Bliss Cathay (Cream) - 50%
(I'm still thinking of ripping out the second front, since there's a little mistake that stands out to me. Overall, I'm not sure if I like it anyway, the Cathay seems too heavy for the pattern.)

Sitcom Chic in Lion Cotton Ease (dark blue) - 10%
(So far so good. Then again, so far I've knit 16 straight rows... hard to screw that up)

Tubey in Lion Cotton Ease (black) - 50%
(I did the shrug part, still have the body left to do. No real pressing desire to do make a 20 inch tube in 3x1 ribbing anytime soon. I started the body a while ago, but ripped back because it was just too big, so I'm starting again on size 7 needles one of these days. I also put it down because I’d just done some gloves in alpaca/cashmere blend, and touching the cotton/acrylic blend felt like I was knitting with horrible, horrible rope.)

Ruffli Cardi (my own design) in Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool (black)
(This may move down the list, since it's basically the same construction as Sitcom Chic – raglan sleeves, knit in basically one piece. I've seen a lot of bad ruffles lately, so that makes me concerned, and I wonder if I shouldn't do a simple lace pattern around the edges instead.)

Cabled Hoodie in Cascade 220 (purple)
(As Gina has pointed out in her blog, it would look better with half the cables reversed, so I should rechart those one of these days. And see what all would happen to the hood.)

Two Color Raglan in Canadian Yarn (purple)
(Descriptive, no? Hopefully enough yarn to do a whole sweater, I'm thinking of trying a top-down pattern, maybe this one. Maybe I'll do a test one in some of the other yarns I have laying around first, before I get all wild and crazy with two colors...)

Deep V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve Top Down Raglan(?) in Nashua Creative Focus (blue!)
(I bought all the yarn in this color Stitch DC had during a sale - 5 balls at 220 yards/ball should be enough to make a sweater... but to be safe I think it will be a very boring sweater. That, or figure out a way to do some sort of stripe pattern on the sleeves with a contrast color.)

Samus in Chester Farms (purple)
(From Maryland Sheep & Wool, the other Amber in my knitting group is doing the same sweater, in the same yarn, in green. We aim to confuse. The yarn is naturally superwash, and gets so soft in the washing machine. This will probably be an end of summer knit, since I'm still burned out from the Saxon braid on my theoretical sweater from the beginning of the year.)

Mariah in ?
(I'm loving cables, but have no idea what I want to make this sweater out of. Part of me says the recommended yarn (Paton's classic merino, I've had my eye on the "Old Rose" color for a while), part of me says something softer and more superwashable, maybe Cascade 220 superwash, maybe Mission Falls if I can find a good deal on some. Maybe not superwash, and go with something from Knitpicks or Elann. I'd also like to make Durrow, but that could be scooter love clouding my vision.)

KnitPicks Kimono Sweater in ? (EL Silky Wool - Purple?)
(After seeing one in a knitting community, I just love the sweater, but I'm not sure what I'll make it out of. I'd have to buy more silky wool, but if I recall, I wouldn't have to futz with gauge very much. The one I fell in love with online was done in merino style from knitpicks, which is very nice yarn as well, and not expensive at all.)

Paton's Urban Aran (Zippered Cardiganized Version) in ? (Elann Peruvian Highland Wool?)
(After seeing one online in Elann Peruvian Highland Wool I was sold on this sweater. Maybe I'll make it in gray or black, since most the yarn I already own is purple or blue, it limits what I can wear under the sweater. It looks like a really nice fall sweater, for when I'm not quite ready to break out the pea coat.)

11 sweaters. 3ish months. Not at all a pipe dream or anything. With yarn for 8 of them at home. Also, I'd like to learn fair isle, and a few weeks ago I picked up a book of fair isle motifs (actually, colorwork motifs, some were fair isle, others were Norwegian, Native American, etc). We'll see how that goes for me.
posted by Amber @ 9:16 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER