Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FO - Socks AND a Hat
Friday, May 05, 2006
First, everyone say hello to Alissa, she's awesome, and she's new to the world of knitblogs, and she works at Stitch DC.

Last night I finally got around to finishing my second sock. Why you may wonder, when it has been happily sitting on my shelf for a month, just waiting for me to sew up the toe? Because I ran out of footies to wear with my evil shoes, and it would have been silly to wear athletic footies with my evil shoes -- purple footies that clashed with my skirt were a much better option!



I could blind people with those legs...


Specs:
  • Yarn: Koigu KPPPM (lost the label, I think it's color 426)

  • Needles: 2 addi turbos, size 1

  • Pattern: Holly from Knit Happens socks on 2 circs (free with purchase of a class)

  • Overall: Too warm to wear out today (it was 80 something, I think), but so soft. The heel is feeling very thin (but very soft) after just one day in some shoes. Perhaps a tighter gauge would help.


  • The shoes are evil because the back cuts into my ankle and makes me bleed, if I don't have something between my skin and the shoe. But they're adorable, and everyone always complements them. Here is a very blurry picture of my shoes (with the socks).


    I've also recently finished a hat. Pretty basic top down pattern, from The knitting fiend (down for now), ribbed and then folded back. It used 1.5 balls of the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan (in Eggplant)




    Specs:
  • Yarn: Cashmerino Astrakhan

  • Needles: 2 circs, size 7 (I'm loving knitting in the round on two circs. I may never go back)

  • Pattern: Sort of based on the generator, mostly: double your stitches every other row until it fits around your head. Then 2x2 rib for ~10 inches, or until you can fold it over and it still covers your ears (unless you don't like your ears covered by your hat, in which case, knit less than 10 inches).

  • Thoughts: I love 2 circs, and I love this top down hat idea (try it on as you go!), but I HATE the DB Astrakhan. After one day on my couch and a 10 minute trip to starbucks in my bag, the crown of the hat looked like horrific shag carpeting that was worn out and ready to be replaced. The ribbed part doesn't look as bad, but the top is just BLAH. On the bright side, the loopy texture hides the increases, so I was able to to a KFB increase all the way around, and it isn't noticable at all. Also, it is VERY soft and seems like it will be very warm this winter.


  • Tomorrow is Maryland Sheep & Wool. I think I'm going to go, mostly to check out the Chester Farms booth, since the wool is supposed to be naturally superwash, but the closest store that sells it is far far away. As is the farm itself.
    posted by Amber @ 9:34 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Amber
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER