Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Woes
Thursday, May 11, 2006
I'm hungry. I haven't gone grocery shopping in weeks. But I also haven't had the desire to cook in months. Maybe summer (and the lack of math classes) will help me enjoy cooking again.

I've lost two balls of Cathay. I checked my car, and then thought I left it at work (which would have been strange, since I had the needles in my bag). I was going to work on my Spring Fling, even though the knitting ADD set in, and I don't care about finishing it anymore.

After a great deal of swatching, I finally decided to make myself a pair of Om socks (so Abby and I can be bitches in prom dresses with second-cousin socks!*). Except that even though my gauge is spot on with size 1 needles, the socks are way too big. I'd have to pull them way up around my calf to get them to stay up, which defeats the point of ankle socks. I was happy that they only take about 200 yards to make a pair -- and the rowan 4 ply is 197 yards. So now I'm torn:
  • If I went down to size 0 needles, the fabric would probably be too dense for a comfortable sock (it's already pretty dense).

  • If I unravel and futz with the repeats, I lose all the work I've already done (and if the futzing goes wrong I start over from square one -- at least if I did switch to 0s and it failed, I could still have all the work I've already done on 1s.

  • I could put the 4ply down, and make modified Thujas with the knitpicks I've been carting around in my bag.


  • So many decisions. So hungry. ::Pouts::

    *Second Cousin Socks: So when you're using self striping yarn, and sock 1 and sock 2 don't stripe quite the same (like where on one you'll have a colorful stripe at the toe, and on the other one you'll have white space), or when you're using verigated yarns and they just pool differently, people sometimes joke that the socks are fraternal twins. So I made Om Socks with Artyarns supermerino (those socks are fraternal twins), but I was working with Rowan 4 ply, in Monet. So even with the same pattern, they'd be pretty different socks. Hence, second cousin socks.

    Clearly, I should get out more. And eat something.
    posted by Amber @ 10:37 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Amber
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER