Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Stitches East: Recap
Sunday, November 05, 2006
I drove up with some people from work (Baltimore is so much closer when you leave at 10 AM and someone else is driving!) First, I stopped at the Blue Moon/Socks that Rock Booth, where the lines were not insane (however, it was pretty picked over). I picked up one skein in "Tanzanite"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then Judy, Amber, and I went to lunch across the street (California Tortilla, I think it was). Very tasty. Always good to have some protein in your system before being let loose near fiber.

I did a lot of looking, and not a lot of buying. The reasons were many fold: First, I didn't have much money (one of my coworkers and I made a pact to keep each other in line, I started with a self imposed $50 limit, she went with $100). A second reason, I've discovered I hate alpaca, which is everyone's favorite blend. It makes me itch! A third reason, I have enough sweaters in the queue as it is. A fourth reason: I'm not a fan of variegated yarn for anything but socks, and maybe hats. Certainly not for sweaters, and I like making sweaters the most.

There were a few things I couldn't pass up:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Koigu, via Rosie's yarn cellar. I waited until we got to the last row, and couldn't resist any longer. It was funny - originally I'd said if I got Koigu it was only going to be solid. So much for that. One of the women showed me how to do my hair in a really neat way, too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gems Pearl via Mangham Wool & Mohair Farm of Charlottesville VA (www.wool.us) They teased me a bit for wearing a purple t-shirt, a purple sweatshirt, and buying purple yarn.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Shelrige Farms W4 in Pink Lemonade (5 skeins). I almost bought more in Wisteria, but resisted (since part of my Ribbi Cardi is Wisteria colored). I'm planning on turning this into ChicKnits.com's CeCe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Elesabeth Lavold Silky Tweed (10 skeins) in silver/gray, via Webs. My one weak impulse. Sure, I could order it online (I even know some local stores that sell it, but it was only $4.50 per ball! $4.50! That's practically half price!

So in the end, I spent something like $150. Sure, three times my planned budget, but considering I'd planned to buy a $75 kit at Shelridge, I knew the $50 was a little futile. And I didn't get the kit, instead I picked up the W4 for CeCe ($50). The $47 in Silky Tweed was an impulse, and the $60 in sock yarn was pretty much what I'd planned on getting. So I'm not feeling like I spent too much, or bought more than I could knit in a year.

(Also, my winter interweave came yesterday! Review coming after weight lifting)
posted by Amber @ 1:43 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    mmm...yarn. You didn't make the $50 limit but you're still a much better self restrained person than I. Maybe after I get back, I'll ask about finishing a sweater. If you start in on the Silky Tweed, let me know how it works out. I learned today in class that Tweed is made of short fibers so may not be the best to do seams with because they may not be as stable.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    Looks like you got some great stuff and you were definately better than me in terms of spending. I look forward to seeing your cece.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER