Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
FO - Om Socks
Thursday, February 16, 2006
This was originally written to be posted to a knitting community - since I wanted immediate feedback, but didn't one one Abby to see them before they got to her. So it's long and more involved than most my FO posts.

Ballet pose!
I can't model the socks, her feet are larger than my feet. Perhaps she will accost someone with a digital camera and send me pictures. Or else I am just going to have to haul my ass up to NY one of these days. What a shame that would be. I hate NY, afterall.

Notes:

Pattern: Om Ankle Socks, as seen March 24-26 in the 2006 Knitting Pattern A Day Calendar, and also at P2 Designs, although I left out the symbol for "om" (sound of creation, so says the pattern -- it wouldn't have been pretty with the verigated yarn), and I shortened the ankle from 12 eyelets to 6, to keep it ankle length. Also, I used DPN instead of the two-circulars method called for. The pattern was clear and well written, and I'm definitely keeping it for another pair in the future.

Yarn: Three balls (about 2.8 balls, really) of Artyarns Supermerino, in colorway 110. Three comments on the yarn:
  • First, I love working with this yarn, I only hit one snag in 3 balls, but there were no underspun, oversupn spots, or knots.

  • However, according to the website 110 is "Every shade of pink," and mine just seems so much more medium pink and dark lavender. I'm not complaining, I love the colorway – but I bought it in person and knew I was getting a pink-purple yarn. It makes me wonder what the pink-purple colorways look like.

  • Finally, in some of the pink spots, it seems the dye didn't soak through the yarn completely and half the strand will be darker pink, while the other half the strand had practically no color. This is the first time I've worked with this yarn, so I don't know if this occurs with the darker colorways as well*, or if it's just the pinks. It's barely noticeable now that the socks are finished, but it was odd when I'd come across neutral colored spots while knitting.


  • Needles: Clover bamboo DPN, size 3. The pattern calls for size one needles, but since I was using a worsted weight yarn and I fiddled around with the gauge so I didn't have to change the pattern. The pattern calls for 8 stitches and 12 rows per inch (on the size 1s). This one is 7.25 stitches and 8.5 rows per inch. And it all worked out perfectly.

    Time: I started Friday, Feb 3, and finished up Feb 11.

    I love socks! I must make more of these. Both because they are fun and squishy and soft, and because I received direct orders :-D


    *I bought some of the blue handpaint stripes to make a headband, and I'm not noticing this problem at all
    posted by Amber @ 9:53 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me

    Name: Amber
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER