Yarny Goodness!

Another superexciting fun knit blog

 
May Knit Goals!
I'm prone to being a scatterbrain, so I try to make a short list of things to accomplish each month (lest I have 27 different non matching socks).

No throwing books during finals - Sucess!

Finish Yarrow Rib #2

Start (finish?) Entrelac Socks

Start Eunny's Vest, Ribbi Cardi #2

Work on Dumb Scarf

On the Sticks

K1, YO, K2Tog Scarf

Sort of Samus

Yarrow Ribbed Sock

Rogue

Raglan with lace panel sleeves

Ribbi Cardi #2 (black/purple)

Mountain Stream Scarf

Sweater-A-Month 2007

Picovoli: Cathay - Needs blocking

Cabled Hoodie: Cascade 220 - Needs seams

Urban Aran

Mariah

Durrow - Done!

KnitPicks' Kimono Sweater: Silky Wool

[Sort of] Samus: Chester Farms 2-ply worsted - Some seaming and a whole lot of i-cord left

Ruffli Cardi

Top Down Raglan: Nashua Creative Focus Worsted - Needs blocked

Tricot: Ella Rae Classic (?)

Janda: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (gray/lavender/white) - Done!

Tubesque: Noro Garden + ???

Springfield (Cabley Twisty Rib Raglan): Cotton Plus

CeCe: ??

Lucy in the Sky: Shelridge Farms W4 (pink lemonade)

Rogue: Handspun

Shawl Collar Cardigan: Kathmandu Aran Tweed - Done!

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Bog Jacket

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Black/Purple)

Ribbi Cardi: Cotton Ease (Blue/White)

Simple Knitted Bodice: Silky Wool?

Be a joiner!

I'm a Knitter and I Vote!

Knitting on the Road along

Sweater-a-Month KAL

An Unused Box!
Something should go here.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
I built a futon this weekend. It's nifty, except that the matress slides down when you try to sit on it while it's in the couch position. It's also about 6 inches longer than my old couch and is much better for sleeping on.

This weekend my mom also brougt me my grandma's yarn ball-winder. It's now in it's third generation of Noel Knitter Ownership.

Featured here with some Knitpicks Shimmer, in stained glass colorway (pretty true to life on my monitor):


My grandma, upon purchase, described this as being something of an mechanical penis...


And after quite a bit of finishing old projects for the last week or so, I decided to cast on for a new project: Knitty's BroadStreet Convertable Mitten-Gloves:


Image hosting by Photobucket


Started Thursday night, got to this point Saturday afternoon (not quite finished, as there's no thumb or mitten shell)

I decided on the convertible mittens because my SAS programming class is held in a really, really cold room, and it would be nifty to be ablt to type while wearing mittens. I swatched some KnitPicks Ambrosia (80% cashmere, 20% baby alpaca, 100% buttery soft) on size 3 needles - DPNs even, since my flat and circuluar gauge is different - and got the right gauge (it seemed...).

All the way through, as I tried them on, they seemed just a little big. I kept thinking it was just the way it was on the needles and it would be fine when I finished them up. Not to much it turns out:


Image hosting by Photobucket


See that yellow dotted line? That's where my wrist is. At any given point on these gloves there's about an inch of extra fabric.

I think I'm going to try mitten #2 on size 2 needles, and see if that helps (and stop if it's not helping by the time I finish the thumb gusset, no fingers for gloves that don't fit this time!). If it helps I can frog the first one and reknit. I'd knit a second one on size 3 needles, except that the fingers fit perfectly, so someone with bigger hands would fill out the palm part, but they'd have little tiny knit tourniquettes on their fingers, and that's not good.
posted by Amber @ 10:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amber
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER